Monday, November 12, 2007

Fashion Nation




So what are the cool kids wearing? This was something I'd never seen in India on any of my previous trips. Indian hispters! Weird. I've always associated India with traditionalism, or at best, a very cheesy approach to modern style. But I was walking around a popular shopping area called Connaught Place and saw punk-rock stripes, skinny jeans, trendy scarves and chuck taylors...might as well have been Wicker Park. Globalization of style, perhaps?

On a related note, I think that some of the most stylish stuff is actually worn by the really poor rickshaw drivers and working class because they're not trying. Simplicity. I'll post more as I shoot them (as long as I don't get smacked for snapping shots of random girls on the street...good thing my mom's walking around with me).

No comments: