Wednesday, November 7, 2007

TV Time

Since I just got cable TV this August after about 5 years of not having it at all, I have to say there's some really good shows on the air, particularly on some of the new HD channels.

The sundance channel's got a great show called Iconoclasts. It's an interview/documentary show with odd pairings of public/pop-culture folks. The last one I saw had Dave Chapelle sitting down for a chat with Maya Angelou. Before that it was Eddie Vedder and Laird Hamilton (surfer). Currently playing as I write this: Alice Waters from Chez Panisse and Mikhail Baryshnikov. Well done show. http://www.sundancechannel.com/iconoclasts

Some others that I've been really into lately are VH-1's Storytellers and Sundance Channel's Big Ideas for a Small Planet (and Project Runway is a guilty pleasure).

Alright, time to get back on track with the trip...thanks for hearing me out on my digressions!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Turn off the TV.
Do your homework.
TV will rot your brain.