Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Photo Ed

I wanted to take a quick break and provide some info for the folks that may be interested in the photography details. All the shots on this blog are being taken by a Canon digital point-and-shoot (SD-350). You may have noticed that many of the shots have this kind of grayish-white, washed out quality. That's mostly because they've been taken outdoors without a flash and the Delhi sky is so pollution-ridden that it blocks out the yellow glow of natural sunlight. It's unfortunate because the colors would really pop if the sun were truly out. You can see the difference in light quality in some of the indoors shots such as in the "Slow Food" and "Shopping for a Punjabi Suit" posts. If you guys have any suggestions, I'm all ears, but at this point I'm set to "daylight" on my camera and I'm shooting em as I see em. I'm hoping things will change tomorrow when we head out of Delhi and go up north to Punjab, which is far less affected by pollution.

If anyone is getting bored with their Nikon D200, I'd be happy to take it off your hands :)

No comments: